Guidance questions for clubs holding summer academies.
Below are some guidance questions put together to support you when planning and organising your summer cricket academies. The list is not exhaustive but will make a good starting point if you are unsure.
- Are your academies staffed in line with the ECB Guidance on Supervision ratios for children at cricket sessions?
- If you have girls signed up to your academy do you have a female coach / helper on site who is DBS checked?
- Do you have a way of storing emergency contact details for the children signed up?
- Are you aware of any medical conditions that any of the children have?
- Do you have a wet weather plan?
- Have you given out any Sun Safe guidance?
- If your academies offer early morning drop off or later pick up do you have enough coaches?
- Do your coaches hold a UKCC coaching award?
- Are they qualified in First Aid, Safeguarding Young Cricketers and DBS checked?
- Do you have ‘Accident and incident forms’ along with a stocked First Aid kit available throughout the length of your academy programme?
- Are your coaches aware of the ECB concussion fact sheet?
- Does the time table allow enough rest time for players and coaches during a day?
If you have any questions then please contact Stuart and Lesley on email@example.com