For several years Oxfordshire Cricket has been working hard at making cricket more inclusive and diverse. Oxfordshire Cricket takes great pride in creating an all-inclusive environment in cricket and this includes ensuring that good behaviour and equality are at the forefront of all we do. This work has now been joined together in developing an action plan to Promote Cricket for All.
The recreational and professional game has worked closely since Autumn 2021 to produce a coherent joint plan to clearly articulate the commitment and intention to embed equity, diversity and inclusion within cricket.
Within the last six months, Oxfordshire Cricket have –
- Delivered a joint workshop for board members and the workforce on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Completed an ECB module on Anti Discrimination (members of the board and workforce)
- Launched a Confidential Feedback system, that individuals can access by clicking here
With extensive specific tactics and actions identified, the strategy is underpinned by five key pillars:
- Data, Insight and Reporting
- Education, Training and Awareness
- Inspired to Play
- Work with Communities to Build for the Future
- Governance, Policies and Procedures
To view the plan in full please Oxfordshire Cricket EDI Plan