Foundation 1 Course – Day 2
|North Oxford Academy|
Oxfordshire Cricket is delighted to announce that we have received accreditation to become a centre that delivers coaching courses. We are now able to advertise for an upcoming Foundation 1 course.
When: Sunday 28th November 9.30am to 4.30pm and Sunday 5th December 9.30am to 4.30pm
Where: North Oxford Academy
The ECB Foundation I Coach is a blend of e-learning and face-to-face modules led by ECB Coach Developers will explore what coaching looks like, the impact you can have as an ECB Foundation I Coach, the skills you can help players to develop and how you can learn from your experiences. By committing yourself to this programme and becoming a qualified coach you will become an important part of the ECB’s coaching family that works together to help players improve, have fun, be safe and learn at every stage of their development.
Content of the Course
- Role of an ECB Foundation | Coach
- What does coaching look like?
- Coaching fielding, bowling and batting
- Foundation principles – fielding, bowling and batting
- The coaching tools
- Purposeful sessions
- Active sessions
- Safe sessions
- Enjoyable sessions
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- 4 face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each including 3 observed coaching opportunities
- 7 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each
- Multiple choice question assessment
Pre-requisites for certification
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Valid ECB DBS.
If you are a female we have a limited amount of tokens that will enable you to receive a discount on the price of the course. Please contact Ed Wilson at EWilson@oxoncb.com for more information.